Sunday, December 8, 2013

Welcome to the wonderful world of fibre braiding!

BEADADDICT welcomes you to the inaugural post on "Ducette-Lucettingx2"!

I hope to provide you with interesting information on fibre related braiding, especially using this variation on the classic lucet. The "Ducette™" was created in Canada by BEADADDICT  (me) when I realized that there were 2 styles of lucets, one less common than the other. As a lover of fibre based work, I thought this development might appeal to others who share the same passion as I do.

Since then, I have experimented with several different woods to make loose and condensed braids, with or without beads, one or more fibre colours, and on and on. From time to time I will share with you my discoveries and I hope that they will lead you into yet another world of (very low tech) braiding.

7 comments:

  1. YAY! Congratulations on your new website!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You must know how a midwife feels now....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. A practical and easy to use tool! The fact that it is made of wood instead of plastic adds to the quality and warmth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my intention to have it feel comfortable to use! Some lucets on their own have short or no handles at all which I find harder to hold on to.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your new site and venture!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations for developing the ducet and now showing us how to use it, what can be created. You'll find it's a challenge to write, but you, and then us will grow immensely. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!