Thursday, December 19, 2013

Keeping warm and fashionable...
 
As much as I love the look of the frilly, shaggy scarves that are popular now, I cannot wear them.  Honestly, I would get myself caught on anything that even came close to me! But I still wanted to play with the yarn....

So, instead of crocheting or knitting strands of colour to keep warm, I began ducetting dense cords that rest around the base of the throat. It was interesting to see the variety of similar styles of "scarves" at the One of A Kind show recently. Not only are they colourful and light weight but they can be used like jewellery with a scarf bail and pendant.

I used both double and single stranded yarns depending on the look and density that I wanted to create. Here are some examples of flat braids.... 




2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment!